It's been a busy but wonderful couple of weeks. My MIL is here helping with the baby (and cooking!) and I've had some time to do the things I really want to do but haven't gotten around to.
* My husband and I went away for a quick weekend trip. It was great. Wonderful customer service does exist in France! I'm going to promise myself that I'll blog about it within a month, if only because the b&b we stayed at deserves a shout out.
* On Monday I won a children's book from a blog contest at Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves! Another blog post coming about that, as well as about my ultra-cool scarf from This Chickadee. I'm about a year late in showing my appreciation and it does shame me. Check out their Etsy shops!
* Tuesday I went to a Mardi Gras party and had the best gumbo I've ever eaten. There were crawdads, king cake, and chocolate bread pudding (with pecan caramel sauce) and I enjoyed every last bite.
* Wednesday we went to a toddler play group in English, which I think will be a big help with her bilingualism. She learns an amazing amount of French from other kids, so this is a nice balance as well.
* Yesterday I had lunch at a Tex-Mex restaurant with a friend and we scoped out the local gardening supply stores. We have big plans!
Whoops, I'm being called. Another post hastily ended...
Friday, February 27, 2009
Posted by Pardon My French at 1:32 PM