Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Times (and nicknames) they are achangin'

Slobberella, though the name still fits, shall henceforth be referred to as Snaggletoof, since as of noonish today she is now the proud bearer of one pearly white on her lower right gum. I had given up on teeth despite the numerous signs (mad gnawing on my collarbone being one of them), so it was a shock when I discovered it today as I was giving her medicine. I do this every day, so it really is a new thing...didn't have a clue yesterday that today would be The Day.

Yesterday was special in that her mamie and papi came over to watch her for an hour and a half, and I will have to take notes from mamie. This much is clear. Snaggletoof sat up straight and tall and ate every last bit of her vegetables without even attempting to spew it all over Mamie, not even to dribble a little bit on her hand. She clearly understands that this is not a woman to be trifled with. Today she finished them almost willingly, and as an apologetic gesture only started the spitting after she had finished. I guess that's improvement, right?

No comments: