Thursday, August 24, 2006

Man, I'm wearing long sleeves ALREADY. Is it just me, or is it cold in here?

Yesterday my husband told me that there is a movie version of "Is Paris Burning" and it's coming on TV tonight. I rarely get excited about the French TV programming schedule, so it's a big event for me. I might even break out the popcorn for this.

I think I've posted about how living in Europe has obviously changed my understanding of the World Wars. Paris is filled with plaques commemorating fallen heros during the liberation of Paris and I keep finding new ones. I wonder how Parisians react to them, if they're just used to them, but they always make me a little sad. A lot of street and roundabout names are also connected with the wars, so once I found out who those people actually were I am reminded of history every time I drive. In fact, I may know more historical dates connected to France than the U.S. just because of the roundabouts.

Oooooh, it's almost on. Gotta go. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is cold. I turned my heat on last night and I was freezing today in Paris. I am getting kind of tired of this European weather!

Anonymous said...

So sorry it is cold there. It must have been in the 90's here. I, of course, stayed inside after my trip to C-burg. The birds didn't have any food so I had a hurry up trip. Jeff came by today with his Dad who is visiting for a couple of weeks. It was good to see him again. It had been a while
They came to see the old cars. Okay, I'm gone