Thursday, August 17, 2006

Has it really been about a month since I've posted? It's going to be difficult to get back into the swing of things. We were on vacation and spent 2 weeks in the south of France, 1 week in the Alps, and 2 days in the Pyrenees. Incredible. How do I possibly sum it up? We got in some good beach time for the husband, some good mountain time for me, and some terrace time for the cat. Hope you got the postcards!

I am actually happy to be back, though. I now have access to technology and movies in English (Johnny Depp, here I come!). The cat does not seem to be as thrilled to be back in our teeny apartment, but she's coping. The in-laws were great, but it's also good to be able to indulge in my every day food cravings without shame. I'm actually a little homesick now, but it's normal. I know all of my teacher friends are getting ready for the next big school year and I am sure I will always have a few pangs around this time. It will be next to impossible to replace that job here in terms of satisfaction, security and salary, but I made my choice and I'm happy enough. I've got plans and ideas...we'll see where they lead.

More to come...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, you can delete this after you read this if you want to, but i remember (i think) in one of your posts about wanting/needing a bike. well i have a new one. only been on it a few times. probably wont take it back to the states, would you be interested? i accidently deleted your email, so could you email me at angwill26@yahoo.com and let me know?

Anonymous said...

Well, It's sure good to see you back online. Glad you had a great holiday and now you are back to the good life. Did you call about the bike? Have a great day and stay in touch.