Thursday, July 08, 2010

Heavens to Betsy

Has it really been, oh, say 6 whole months since I posted? I blame it on Facebook and just being busy in general. Right now I'm back in the good ol' US of A and am loving the greenery and blue skies, although I'm a bit guilty of staying indoors too much at the moment because of the wicked heat here on the East Coast. I also have to say that I also love the fact that Bo Bella has been relatively up close and personal with assorted country critters (including a black snake climbing a tree -- you don't see that every day here, not to mention in the suburbs of Paris). We've also heard some good bluegrass and even a jug band.

I do miss the food in France along with dark bedrooms. It's hard for me to understand why the French don't do screens and Americans don't do the dark shutters. Some kind of combo of the two would be perfect for me! I am absolutely in love with my local library here, what with the story hour and summer reading program and books that are shelved where they are supposed to be and on-line catalogue that works. With no yearly fee! And random people who just walk up to recommend good books! It seems too good to be true. Today they had a children's music concert and it was awesome.

Bo Bella has also been introduced to Nickelodeon and M & Ms (I'm not naming names, but it wasn't me), and has her own private swing set to play on and creek to splash around in. She is being spoiled rotten by her Granny and is loving life here. My trump card is that there is no VCR on which to watch my old Cinderella VHS tape, so between that, her dad and the cat I might be able to convince her to willingly come back to France. Not that our life there is not good by any means, but she does seem to be having a great time here as evidenced by the fact that she recently said, "Momma, I don't ever want to leave Virginia." Honeychild, I know what you mean! But she is 3 and we both are missing her papa and she is missing her French family, and she is just waiting for school to start in September. Yikes! I have mixed feelings about that, but I know she will do well.

So that's it in a nutshell -- we're on vacation and I've got some time for blogging. Hope all of you are doing well!

1 comment:

Chrisbookarama said...

Great to see you post again! Sounds like you guys are having fun. Enjoy!