Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I am so ashamed...

primarily because it wasn't even *that* good of a dream. I mentioned yesterday that I had a dream about one of the presidential candidates, and while there are bound to be plenty of posts devoted to dreams about Obama, my own particular dream involved McCain. But it's not what you're thinking...

Apparently I was working in some capacity for the Obama campaign when I found myself sharing an elevator with McCain, who was so charismatic and charming in the dream that I told him I'd changed my mind and was going to vote for him instead of Obama, my current employer. We both exited the elevator, leaving me to ponder how I was going to possibly be able to carry off working for Obama while secretly supporting McCain. I know, I know, it sounds completely lame but it was an honest stressful nightmare because I didn't like feeling like a traitor.

The truth is that I haven't been following the election as closely as the last one, which bothers me a little because I feel that I'm slowly losing touch with the US and that hurts. On the other hand, the Edwards confession has pushed me over the edge into a state of despair in an election where publicity campaigns mention Paris Hilton.

So, that's it. I refuse to be part of this mess anymore. My dirty little secret is that much like Miranda from Sex in the City, I used to love perusing celebrity gossip sites. It's my thing, let it go. Well, not any more -- Elizabeth Edwards, this is for you. And not only that, I don't want to see the McCain ad or anything even remotely related to it. I'm going to have to find sources that are as neutral as I can find, and if that means reading newspapers in French instead of English, so be it. I'm done.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh Don't even get me started about Edwards!!! Gurrr! I'm awaiting the VP selection before I choose. That's unusual because I'm usually set in what I want at this point. Obomah? Well he kinda scared me in a way. Why? I don't know. But he's caught my attention. I'll be honest - I usually go "R" instead of "D". McCain -- Well come on. Please! Couldn't the party come up with better that THAT!