Saturday, June 07, 2008

Week In Review

I want to keep up with this blog, I really do, but somehow it's become the graveyard of well-intentioned but never finished posts. I've been wanting to post photos at least once a week because France is just full of cool photo ops, especially now that all the public spaces are in full bloom. It's a little late for New Year's Resolutions but I'm going to try to get back on track.

Anyway, here's a brief summary of what's happening in our lives:

*Agencies: I contacted a couple and told them what we are looking for. They haven't proposed anything yet, so today the husband is visiting a few others. We'll see if they call him back or not.

*Work: My teaching year is wrapping up (if you can count 2 classes a week a workload) and we're preparing for the end-of-year show. I'm doing something different than the basic song and dance I did in the past; one project is with another teacher, involves a lot of work, and will either be really cool or fail spectacularly. I think the kids are having fun though and that's important when doing this kind of thing in public. Today I've got to work on a kind of Reader's Theatre/Pantomime with the other group and introduce them to Queen. We'll see how it goes.

*Baby: Funny and ornery as usual. She's been waking up happy and toddling around. She clearly has this attitude that it's her job to pick up various objects and carry them from room to room, and she attacks this in all seriousness. She'll walk up with something in each hand, show me what she has, and then go find something else. As far as I know, my role in this is just to provide the commentary. Oh, and then to clean everything up...that part's not always as fun. Annnnnnddd I did catch her playing in the cat box (I know, I know) but thankfully that game hadn't progressed very far.

*Fun Family Visits: My aunt Linda came for a visit! She's in France with some friends and stopped by on Friday. It was great to see her and catch up on everything. She came bearing books, the Miley Cyrus Vanity Fair, and some See's Candy, so a very heartfelt THANK YOU for those! Hope you have a great trip.

Okay, I've got to get organized for my class and don't have time to think of any kind of conclusion. I feel guilty ending posts this way, but don't have enough brain cells left for this kind of thing.

No comments: