Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sunny Sunday Afternoon

After a loooong week, the babe seems to be better and her appetite is coming back. Those mean old top teeth still haven't broken through, however. Any day now... My husband and I were talking about how weird it was going to be to see her with top teeth. She's going to be a little kid, and a gap-toothed one at that. I'm trying to prepare myself for all the cuteness and blinking. Oh, yeah, she's got the eyebrows going now and coordinates her expressions with her babbling. I need to get a video of that for the family because it's one of those things you just have to see in order to appreciate. She can raise the same single eyebrow as I can (the right one) which is a small thing but pleases me since otherwise she resembles her father. Except for her feet, which are Grandma Judy's.

We all went for a long stroll this afternoon and donated our hard-as-a-rock baguette ends to a local farm. Let me just take the time to say that I have really missed our old Sunday walks. When we first moved here, we were broke and did a lot of little local hikes on the weekends. Our stroller isn't off-road by any stretch of the imagination so we've stuck to pavement the entire time since her birth. I'm hoping that once it gets warm we can use one of those baby backpacks to get out in the forest and start exploring again.

Today was also free national museum day, and I can't even remember the last time we went out for that. I think I was pregnant and we went to the Louvre, but I got tired and ended up snoozing on one of the padded benches. She does pretty well in her stroller as long as we keep rolling, so maybe within the next couple of months we can take advantage of a free visit to one of the smaller chateaux with a nice garden. Yay for enjoying the cultural side of France again!

No comments: