Sunday, September 23, 2007

10 Minute Sunday Post

It's almost 11 p.m. and if I'm going to keep up with my trend of early rising I'd better hot-foot it to bed. This weekend in France was a brilliant one for us. France won the rugby match, so they stay in the world cup competition. That's good for the husband, and gives me time to read (or blog) unashamedly. While Mom was here I got some good video footage of her wincing and making cute faces while watching her first rugby match...that'll go down as a family treasure for sure.

We switched Slo-J. to her big-girl stroller, which is good for her but we as parents will have to get adjusted to it. She would sleep so well in her pram, and since she can never get too much sleep we just used the dickens out of it. Yesterday we took a last long walk in the forest and knew that it was time to switch her when she sat upright in her pram for the last half. Today she took a short nap in her stroller and then gnawed on Sophie the Giraffe and stared at random people. I noticed now she's really at dog level (thinking of the poodles in the pharmacy) so made a note of it and will try to keep that in mind. She's entertaining herself pretty well in her high chair and drooling all over the place. No teeth yet, though.

2 comments:

PutYourFlareOn said...

We've been getting up early in our house too. Makes you feel productive when you get up so early, huh? Have you tried taking Ella for a morning walk? I have started doing that and it seems to really make Max tired for his afternoon nap.

I can't wait to see Ella again. And her new nickname is funny!

PS. I love speculoos too!

Just me said...

I'm with ya on the drool thing. Our little one has been drooling like crazy! Though she has a tooth that is finally coming through on the bottom gumline.