Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

We made it back from a wonderful trip back home filled with good eatin's, great shopping for the husband and baby -- I managed to restrain myself, mostly -- and fantastic visits with family and good friends. I'll try to give highlights at a later date. We returned to find the cat apparently healthy and happy to see us after her first stay at a kitty kennel. I'm back refreshed and feeling good about being in France and having a baby here. I'm in the last trimester and certainly growing!

On to my resolutions for the new year...I figured it wouldn't hurt to put them on my blog since it would be additional incentive (or is "pressure" the better word?) to keep them.

1. Stop stressing over little things...they're really not important
2. Be happy today, about today

That's it! I think those two are enough to concentrate on. Funnily enough, when I talked about them with my husband he said that he had just been thinking the same thing. I suppose I could add more little things such as "Start reading lots of books in French again" and "Develop a more positive attitude toward ironing and washing dishes" but they just don't seem important enough to bother with at this point.

Oh, yeah, and one additional short-term resolution: Do More Yoga. I slacked off during the holidays.

Happy New Year/Bonne Annee to everyone...

2 comments:

Pam said...

All the best with your resolutions. I broke all of mine around January 3...GAH!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You sound wonderful and I like your New Year's resolutions. Sounds like you both have your heads and hearts together. We had a little snow here yesterday and it's cold today in the 20's. Getting ready to do some serious sewing.
Have a wonderful week