Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Speaking of soup

This is an honest-to-God cell phone conversation with my dad, which never fails to make me laugh when I think of it. I can't remember exactly how it was said, but the gist is there.

Dad: Hello?

Me: Um, Dad? Hi, it's me. Listen, I'm on my way to Elliston and there's this big turtle in the road that was hit by a car. He's bleeding a bit and has lost part of his shell. How can I fix it?

Dad: *thinking quietly* ... Well, I know some people make a soup out of it.

Me: *short silence* ... What?! NO! I don't mean fix it to eat, I mean fix it fix it, as in can I tape his shell back together or what?

5 comments:

Just me said...

Kind of gross, but funny! Don't let that roadkill go to waste!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is hilarious and turtle soup is fantastic. Sorry, I am southern.

Unknown said...

oooooohhhh... I feel so sorry for the turtle because I love turtles!!!

savvycityfarmer said...

I spit my wine all over the screen in laughter.


poor bebe

PutYourFlareOn said...

My dad would say the same thing to me! Hilarious!